Do you know what ransomware is? Do you know how to protect yourself against it? Luckily, you are not alone. The team at GLAC Consulting are here to help. When it comes to ransomware removal, we are the ones to turn to. We cyber security company that is located near Miami.
What Is It?
Ransomware can come in many shapes and sizes. Some variants may be more harmful than others, but they all have one thing in common: a ransom. The five types of ransomware are:
- Crypto malware. This is a well-known form of ransomware and can cause a great deal of damage. One of the most familiar examples is the 2017 WannaCry ransomware attack, which targeted thousands of computers around the world and spread itself within corporate networks globally.
- Lockers. This kind of ransomware is known for infecting your operating system to completely lock you out of your computer, making it impossible to access any of your files or applications.
- Scareware. This is fake software that acts like an antivirus or a cleaning tool. Scareware often claims to have found issues on your computer, demanding money to resolve the issue. Some types of scareware lock your computer, while others flood your screen with annoying alerts and pop-up messages.
- Doxware. Commonly referred to as leakware, doxware threatens to publish your stolen information online if you don’t pay the ransom. As more people store sensitive files and personal photos on their computers, it’s understandable that many individuals panic and pay the ransom when their files have been hijacked.
- RaaS. Otherwise known as “Ransomware as a Service,” RaaS is a type of malware hosted anonymously by a hacker. These criminals handle everything from distributing the ransomware and collecting payments to managing decryptors — software that restores data access — in exchange for their cut of the ransom.
Ransomware remains a popular means of attack, and new ransomware families are discovered every year. However, the threat of ransomware is still incredibly active on the internet, so you should take precautions to help avoid becoming a victim.
Take Advantage of Ransomware Removal
The concept behind ransomware, a well-known form of malicious software, is quite simple: Lock and encrypt a victim’s computer data, then demand a ransom to restore access. In many cases, the victim must pay the cybercriminal within a set amount of time or risk losing access forever. And since we’re dealing with criminals here, paying the ransom doesn’t ensure access will be restored.
Ransomware is the online form of the bully’s game of keep-away. The bully could hold your personal files hostage, keeping you from your documents, photos, and financial information. Those files are still on your computer, right in front of you, but they’re encrypted now, making them unreadable.
Call Our Cyber Security Company
Stay on top of cyber security threats and get ransomware removal today. Here at GLAC Consulting, you are our priority. Trust our cybersecurity services. Our mission is to Integrate knowledge, experience, and cutting-edge technology to decision making that involves basic security, technology, and risk control solutions as well as enterprise risk management for the private sector and the public sector. Our vision is to contribute to the strategic decisions that transform the world of security, keeping our customers at the forefront in technology and project development. We value professional services with Integrity. We offer cybersecurity services, too. Visit our office near Miami to get all the advice you need to protect you against the next data breach. Call our cyber security company today!